Case Study: TRIBEZA Magazine
TRIBEZA is the creative lifestyle magazine for Austin, Texas, covering the arts, entertainment, fashion, food, and creator cultures of the most dynamic city in America. In 2001, our Creative Director founded the magazine and built it into a multi-million dollar media, event, and design company by collaborating with amazing talents like Dan Winters, Peter Yang,Lauren Smith Ford, and Tim McClure. Along the way, the brand picked up numerous awards and became the recognized voice of Austin's creative class.
• Brand Development (VID, Brand Guide)
• Editorial Direction (Content Strategy, Editorial Production)
• Creative Strategy (Editorial Design, Events)
• Event Production
• Business Strategy
• Overall Management
Starting with a blank slate, Zarghun Dean developed a creative vision for a multi-media company that - starting in 2001 - would chronicle the rise of Austin's creative class and ultimately reflect the city's reputation as the most dynamic place to live, work, and play in the country.
The foundation of the brand vision was the name: TRIBEZA - a completely new word that would reflect the emerging energy, creativity, and potential of the city. The name served as inspiration for developing a novel design for a city magazine - square shape, high quality paper, focus on world-class photography - as well as numerous signature annual events, ancillary products, and online channels.
Naming, Visual Brand Development, Magazine Template & Design, Event Production, Collateral Design
Today, TRIBEZA is the most recognized and respected media brand within the creative and creator communities of Austin. Our innovation and leadership led to:
- Growth in annual revenue from $0 to over $2 million
- Accolades that included the Texas Society of Architects Award for Excellence in the Promotion of Architecture and the Austin Under 40 Award for Arts & Entertainment
- Media recognition including The Austin American Statesman, Austin Chronicle, and Austin Business Journal